Since we practice what we preach, this current site is what is called a Minimum Viable Product, or MVP.
An MVP is the simplest possible form of a site or product that gets it in the hands of customers so you can start getting feedback and iteratively improving your product as you go.
This is an agile alternative to the traditional "waterfall" method where you define everything up front, invest all your resources into developing it, and hope that it is actually what people want after you've spent all your time and money (and it usually isn't).
This site is definitely still a work-in-progress but it lets us:
- get the business concept out in front of people quickly
- lets customers start benefiting from it sooner
- lets customers give us feedback on what they would like changed
- since it's easier to change things before everything is already completely built, it lets us change plans to incorporate this feedback faster and develop a better product
- proves the business concept (or not) before we've sunk all our time and money into it
- lets us spend our time helping customers build their sites instead of spending it all building ours
In other words, this site sucks now so it will be better faster.
If you'd like to know more about Agile development methods, MVPs or other things... um... sign up and we'll coach you on that, too!
#MVP #BartikIsBeautiful ;-)